The cost of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) certification can vary based on several factors, including the level of certification, geographic location, training provider, and training format.
- ITIL Foundation Certification: This entry-level certification is often the most affordable option. An ITIL Foundation exam typically ranges from USD 150 to USD 500. Many training providers offer bundled packages that include study materials and the exam fee.
- ITIL Intermediate Certifications: The cost for ITIL Intermediate exams can vary based on your chosen module. Since several modules are available (Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement, and more), costs will depend on the number of modules you wish to pursue. Each module's exam cost may range from USD 250 to USD 500.
- ITIL Expert Certification: To achieve ITIL Expert certification, you must accumulate credits from various Intermediate modules and complete the Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) module. The cost will depend on the number of Intermediate modules you take and the MALC module, which may range from USD 250 to USD 500 per module.
- ITIL Master Certification: The cost for the ITIL Master certification is not as straightforward, as it involves a practical assessment that often requires significant time and effort. This may include expenses related to preparing and executing the real-world project. Training providers may offer guidance on project development, which could have associated fees.
- Training Costs: Many candidates take training courses to prepare for the ITIL exams. The cost of these courses can vary widely based on factors such as the training provider, format (in-person or online), and course duration. On average, a training course for ITIL Foundation can range from USD 500 to USD 1500, while Intermediate and Expert level courses may be more expensive.