Service Asset and Configuration Management plan is a high-level document that guides the SACM activities that the SACM team should follow.
SACM ITSM Plan Template
SACM plan is necessary for any IT organization as it prompts information to the operational managers about the operational activities in the five phases:
- Management and planning
- Configuration identification
- Configuration control
- Status accounting and reporting
- Verification and audit
Purpose of SACM plan
- defines the streamlined procedures for managing the lifecycle of CIs.
- specifies procedures for managing the CDMBs
- describes control procedures for CI identification, tracking, controlling changes, status accounting and verifying, auditing, and reporting the CIs.